Friday, October 2, 2009

Helping the youth. Frugal style.


It has been brought to my attention that even the young in our society are looking for ways to make some extra money. I think it may be a trickle down effect from the adults. Since the adults are tightening the budgets and not buying them everything they want. Personally, I feel the children of today are spoiled and the current economic times will teach them valuable lessons. On the other hand, if children need those spikes to play football , or money for dance lessons, or have out grown their bike, the following is what I suggest.
Do what they love and make some money at it. Do you down load music on to Cd's or M3P's? Like keeping a clean room? Are you good at Math? Are you a crafter? People are in need of your services.. Make a flyer and post around the neighborhood or at food stores. I know I have paid $50 to have some one clean , wash and wax my car before. I was happy to pay and saved $50 by not taking it to a professional detailing company. The money is there. Go get it. Think outside the box. I also had a young man mow my lawn for $15 a week. Of course , he used my gas and mower, but I enjoyed the free time. You could also call all your relatives and ask if they need your services or have any odd job for you to do. You may also ask them if they have any unwanted items for a yard sale . You may also want to rent a spot at a flea market ($20) to sell items. Another way to make a few bucks is to sell unwanted clothes at a consignment store. If you have land available ....grow a pumpkin patch. Too late for this now, but a great idea for next year. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help to build this blog.

 
var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www."); document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E")); try { var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-11130729-2"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}